Here is a list of the awards that will be up for grabs in May 2019 at the annual STA Qld Sports Turf Awards. Included are the criteria you need to be nominated for the award. All nominations should be sent to email@example.com
Best Mowing Pattern
- Must be creative
- Using different techniques
- Can be photos of any time of the year
- Submit 6 photos and a brief summary of how you came up with the design.
Community Sports Field
- Must be a Non For Profit Club or organisation
- Have field usage all year round
- Demonstrate how they interact with the local community
- Submit up to 6 photos and a summary about your community sports field
- This can be any public school, private school, University or any other Educational Facility.
- Demonstrate how your budget reflects your field presentation
- Describe different techniques used at your site
- The amount of usage you have all year round
- Machinery selection
- Available resources including your staff.
- Submit 6 photo and a summary of your Campus.
- Chosen by STA Queensland Management Committee
Apprentice of the Year
- Must be entered into the QLD STA Apprentice category
- Must have completed their Turf trade apprenticeship in 2018
- Demonstrate their skills learned over their time as an apprentice
- Demonstrate their passion for the industry.
- Refer to our website for more details of how to enter.
- Must have been completed in 2018
- Must include all major elements of construction such as: releveling a surface, improving drainage and irrigation, importing new soil or amending the current soil, new turf, etc.
- Up to 10 photos can be submitted but must include before, during and after photos.
- A brief summary of the job including reason why the field needed to be developed or upgraded.
Nominate an Industry Leader
- Any current QLD STA Member can nominate anyone in the industry that they believe leads from the front in representing our great trade.
- Supply photos of their work and a brief description why are an Industry Leader.
- This award is for a work place that has identified a safety hazard and has rectified the problem with a safe solution.
- Supply before and after photos
- A brief description of the hazard and how it has made your work place a safer place…